Monday, October 20, 2008

You are what you Eat

Lately I have been watching You are what you Eat on BBC America. It has really changed the way I see my food and what I am putting in my mouth. Robert too has watched it and agrees with me that we should change the way we eat. I am from now on going to try to change the way I eat. So for the next few months I will be adding more fruits and veggies into our diet and I am gonna try to do this as frugal-ly as possible. I am also keeping a food diary. I have been borrowing cookbooks from the Library and copying down the recipes that I think will be good for us as well as keeping us on budget. The first think I am going to try to make is Energy Bars (since we eat alot of granola bars) from The Food You Crave by Ellie Krieger of the Food Network. They are only 133 calories and have 5g of protien. I will post an update with the results from the guys in the house.

No comments: