Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Falling leaves....


I find Fall to be the best time of year for me. I tend to be a morning person so getting up earlier and having shorter days appeals to me. Cooler days are also a welcomed plus. I love being in the Mid Atlantic right now because of the trees. Back in North San Diego we never really got "Fall" You would have to go to Julian to feel the fall. I really enjoy the fact that I will be able to show my children what fall is, the Cooler day and the Rainy days that make you just want to curl up under a big blanket and sip a cup of cocoa (with marshmallows of course). Maybe it because the fall is filled with so many memories. You have the start of School, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Football games and sleep-overs. I always feel closer to my family in the fall too and I think that has to do with the days becoming shorter we don't stay out doing "things" till too awful late. We tend to sit down to dinner and talk also. So I guess to me Fall brings a mindset that is quiet and calm. Go out and enjoy the fall leaves while they last!

Took this pic last year on a road going to Jamestown....

No comments: